Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's, Part II - The Cottage and Shopping

This is the last post about our New Year and then it's back to daily life. :) I just wanted to tell you about more of the fun things we did. We stayed in a little cottage that was just a hop, skip, and a jump from the beach! It was a nice place to stay and my favorite spot was in front of the heater...there's a shocker! BOL! At any given time, you could find me there in the spot where the most heat was coming out. :) The humans occasionally joined me on the floor to get some warmth too. So, while at the cottage, we just relaxed....I helped put together a puzzle, did crosswords with Mom, begged for food, supervised the food making, and begged some more for food. It was great!

Then we went shoppping! Well, once the humans went without me but I assure you I was perfectly warm and cozy in front of the heater! :) At least the time they went without me they brought me back some goodies. They found this store called Beach Puppy so of course Mom had to go in. She got me some yummy freeze dried chicken treats and an ornament for herself. Dad also got me something but that's down below. The humans also found this funny mirror and took some pictures...they are sooo strange!


When I was out shopping with them we met this adorable little Labradoodle outside of the coffee shop. Her name is Roxy and she is only 4 months old...isn't she sooo precious! She was there with her human who owned the coffee shop. She was very playful and friendly and she greeted everyone as they walked by.


Last, this is the toy that Dad brought me. It's a new egg baby!!!! I LOVE these things. This one's a fish. They have three eggs inside that you have to try and get out. Mom and Dad always put a treat inside for me before stuffing the eggs in and then when I get the eggs out the prize is waiting. YUM...caviar!

9 comments:

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Hi Nala!!!!
looks like you have had a great moments with your family!!!!!!
we're very very happy for you!!!
your pictures are wonderful...and your new toy....superrrrrrrr!!!!
you're lucky to have a family so marvellous!!!
we love you....and all your humans!!!!
lots of kisses and licks!!!!!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Sounds like fun! Once Wilbur tried to help Mom put a puzzle together and he bit at puzzle piece and it got stuck in the roof of his mouth. Then Mom had to hold him down while Dad stuck his fingers in Wilbur's mouth to remove the puzzle piece. It was a near death experience for both Mom and Dad because Wilbur is quite vicious. Now Mom only does online jigsaw puzzles. Not very fun for us!

I'm very interested in your fish toy. I think I need one.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Nice, nice... James is so jelous of Nala's toy. hihi.. He wants one too. ;)The problem is, he destroys all his toys in a matter of minutes...

Anonymous said...

Hi Nala -you sure did have quite the adventure! You look so beautiful in all your pictures! I love the one of you on the couch with your mom, you look so goofy! Toys and treats is a winning combination, way to go Nala's dad!

Licks,
Kylie

Abby said...

Sounds like such a fun trip!
I heard about your dentist trip....hope you are doing OK!!

Raising Addie said...

Very cool new toy!

I hope you are doing well!

Kisses
Addie

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Great photo collages!
And looks like a fun new toy! And new treats.. you lucked out!

Unknown said...

I think those funny mirror pictures are the absolute best! Too funny! Thanks for the giggle.

Sam and Bodhi said...

Hey there traveling sister!!! I am so jealous of your adventures!!! Mom is still trying to figure this blog thing out, so sorry she is a little slow. I got my ornament yesterday! I must say we have some good looks in out heritage, because i look absolutely fabulous!!! :)
Miss ya!!! Hope the flooding hasn't got your paws wet!