Thursday, February 19, 2009

Puppies Just Don't Understand!!

My little friend Gracie is not even two yet so I still consider her a puppy...I am almost three and much more mature than her. ;) So you see, there are many things she does not yet understand. For example, when you hear the crackle of a package coming from your Mom's hands in the kitchen then there is probably something good in there like CHEESE!! This is when you go to the kitchen rug, sit down, and look up at your Mom with those big, sweet eyes that can melt her heart. :) Whatever you do, you MUST maintain your position until she gives you a piece of the extra sharp cheddar...it's the best. :)

As I said, Gracie has alot to learn. As I am trying to give my best sweet eyes, she is trying to give me kisses and distracting me from my job. She really should follow suit here but she just doesn't understand yet.

I try to quickly tell her to sit down and look cute but she still just wants to give me kisses and play....puppies, sheesh!

Finally, she gives up and takes a quick stretch but I do not give up! I look from the cheese to Mom to the cheese to Mom until finally she gives me a piece but the kicker is she gives Gracie one too!! What's up with that...she didn't even sit and give her big, sweet eyes. I guess when you are a puppy you get away with that stuff.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

The third picture there is priceless!!

Ruby Isabella said...

It is very important to maintain focus when food is around. Don't avert your eyes. Never stop looking sweet. Nala, you are an expert.

Dexter said...

I have the same problem here! I do my most best sit for cheese and stupid pee-wee just hops around and I have to wait for HIM before I can have cheese. Oh man! Its tough to be the older, wiser, doggie.

Slobbers,
Mango

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Nala
Belive us, Gracie does look sweet and cute, she just has a different approach than yours.
You both are adorable and mom says she would give you both cheese.
Love Ruby & Penny

Anonymous said...

I love the pics in combination with the story. Sooooo cute. I just wanna kiss both of them for being so darn cute. :) Have a great weekend!! //Lina

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I bet your mom was just trying to be polite to your guest. She probably gave you more cheese than Gracie since you have the proper technique.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Puppies have all the luck!

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

WAAAWAAAWAAA Nala!!!!!!!
Great post!!!
puppies have a lot to understand...you must are her teacher....but...poor you...why your mom gave more cheese to her???
It's not right!!!!!
now we're going to postal office and sending to you a tons of cheese only for you ok?????
GOSH......Puppies have all the luck!!!!!!
your big...sweet eyes are enchanting...we fall in love with you while we look at you in these sweet pictures!!!!
you're thebest Nala and we love you soooooooooo much!!!
Have a great week!!!!!!
kisses and licks!!!!

Clover said...

Hi twinnie!
I love those pictures! The one where you are looking at Gracie while she kisses you is the cutest.
You know what? Maybe only some puppies are confused about what to do around cheese. I am almost 2, and I know the "get cheese" routine perfectly!
Love Clover xo

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm sure woo will khontinue to teach and show her how it is done!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

That's it!! I am supposed to do exactly what Gracie is doing in that last shot each time Mom and Dad say "Take a Bow"... Now, you know, and I know, I can do it... but do I when they ask? BOL

Good job showing Ms. Gracie the rope of CHEESE!!! She's lucky to have a "BIG OLDER" role model like you!!

Licks,
Kylie

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Ha! Great post, very cute eyes Nala....keep teaching Gracie, she'll soon learn! She's gorgeous :o)
Just looked at your WW post too (we are SO behind!) you have great bits Nala, lovely photos :o)
Have a great weekend!
Slobbers xx

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Woo really need to have a talk with Mom about this. Gracie should have to sit and look dreamy-eyed too. But look at her face, she really is pretty darn cute.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Gennasus said...

I'm so impressed that you stayed on that rug, Nala..... no matter what........ not even with a boxer in the face!

Allison Walton said...

Hey Nala, itz Gus. Waldo is a big dopey boy, and he getz treets all da time fur no work! I don't fink it iz fair, but as long as I am still getting da treets I gess itz okay.

Wuv,
Gus

The Army of Four said...

Are you teaching her, Nala? I have perfected the "Harp Seal Look" or the Sad Eyes, if you will. In fact, just at lunchtime, I got a little taste of the sharp cheddar! Ha rooo! I've taught the rest of my pack what the crinkle of the cheese wrapper means!
Tail wags,
Storms

Anonymous said...

especially a boxer pup - they're goofier than most you know Nala. I get to have the boxer Roscoe here monday and tuesday and there's no getting him to settle down... ever!

Minnie-Moo (Rescue Lab) said...

Gracie is lovely!

I am not yet two but I am very adept at using my cute eyes :-)

I sit in the kitchen with my big brother when Muzzle or Dad are cooking - where else would you expect to find a Labrador at such a time?!!

Minnie-Moo
xxx