Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mousecapades & Other Nonsense


Well, the week started out ok...my toenail was healing although I kept tearing my sock off which made Mom unhappy.  We went for some nice walks and even went downtown and perused some alleys for picture spots. 

Then, this morning I rubbed my toenail against the carpet and it started to bleed a little so Mom said no more playing silly and she wrapped my foot again....don't worry I eventually got it off. BOL!  It's ok but it is taking quite a while to heal. 

The real story I wanted to tell you about though happened last night while my Mom and Dad were driving home from this trivia night thing they went to. (of course, I wasn't allowed to go....how rude!)  Anyway, they were driving and all of a sudden Mom sees something pop up on the outside of the windshield where the driver's side wiper attaches.  It was a MOUSE...a squirmy, teeny, tiny, icky little mouse.  I apologize if some of you like mice, and personally, I have never met one, but this is what Mom thinks of them.  She immediately panicked and Dad said she probably didn't really see a mouse as it disappeared before he saw it.  Dad told her to pull over anyway and he checked under the hood but nothing was found.  As soon as she started driving again it popped up again and this time Dad saw it.  As you can imagine, Mom had a bit of an anxiety attack. ;)  She made it home though but kept thinking she saw mice all night scurrying here and there.  So, this morning, she worked up some bravery and went out to her car to clean it out really good.  She had been needing to do this for a while anyway....it was pretty gross and inundated with my hair.  So, for that I am happy the little mouse was there.  Then, she proceeded to wash the outside even though it was cold out.  No sign of the mouse.  Dad then helped her set some peanut butter traps just in case the little bugger shows up again.  Hopefully, he is gone and Mom can resume driving her car and taking me to play. :)

19 comments:

Remi said...

Ahhh... The ol' 'hiding the mouse in the windshield wiper thing' trick. That's a pretty sly way of getting back at them for not letting you go to trivia.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Remi might be still be a pup, but he's furry smart!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

brooke said...

I went to a trivia night once a few years ago and it was a lot of fun(it probably helped we won that night) but that was in orlando, and I haven't been to one in Seattle. I hope your mom and dad won!
A mouse I could handle... a lizard on the other hand... ugh.

kissa-bull said...

what?!?!? no trivia night for you
how wude!!
maybe it was ratatouille??

Kapitein Haakje said...

that pillow looks like a mastiff needs to sleep on it!

Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Lina, Alih and James said...

I have a phobia - mice/rats! I would have passed out had it been me seeing that mouse. :)

Havea fabulous (mice-free) weekend!;)

Achieve1dream said...

This story had be laughing so hard!!! Thanks for sharing. :D

Life With Dogs said...

My wife would have driven off the road. Mice terrify her as well. Hope you don't have a repeat session! :)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We sure hope your nail is healing better now.

That story about the mouse makes Mom remember the time a family of mice made their home in Dad's car's engine. Of course, he didn't know it until one day the most horrible smell started coming out of the heat vents in the car. They made a huge mess in the engine, ate a bunch of wires and ripped all the protective lining of the hood. Make sure Dad looks carefully inside that engine.

Woos, Phantom and Thunder

Sagira said...

Sounds like your mom likes mice about as much as my mom likes spiders. She cries and screams when she sees one.

♥ Sallie said...

I hope your toe heals real fast. You are so cute!

D.K. Wall said...

We should warn your mom that one of the big challenges of living here is that the field mice love to use your car as a winter nest. Makes for some entertaining moments.

Kasha said...

Poor Nala and poor Amber with the mouse! Hey thanks for the great response to my questions. I like the way you think and I like knowing there are people out there that would support my husband as I most definitely support teachers. Incedentally after you got cut did you get another teaching job? I am so glad if you did. Teachers are the most important and now that I have children I would pay tons for education starting with preschool and on up! It is really a backwards world. Celebrities who in my mind sort of corrup the youth while teachers who inspire and mold great minds get nothing! As you can see I have a lot to say these days. :)

Molly the Airedale said...

Our mom doesn't like mice any more than your mom does, Nala! EEK!
Mitch is an awesome mouser! Do you want me to send him over to rid your house of any furry suspects? Just say the word!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Ms. ~K said...

Our mom loves mice...she had gerbils in her classroon when she was teaching!
Take care of your toenail...don't want it to get infected!
Licks and sniffs,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

The Army of Four said...

A mouse! How strange is that?!? I hope the traps work - make sure you don't stick your snooter in one!
That pillow sure looks comfy. Do you have room for me there?
LUv,
Dave
PS: I sure hope your toe continues to heal!

The Oceanside Animals said...

I think the mice are probably trying to steal your car and take it to their chop shop to cut it up for parts!

Daisy Dog said...

EEEK! A mouse. Actually our momma like mices and used to have pet ratties!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Nala - I know I shouldn't coz your poor human was was scared but I was giggling through the whole mouse story!!! Ha! Ha! HA!

Actually, my humans love rodents and Hsin-Yi would love to have a pet rat (they're really clever and can be trained to do tricks!) but since we're a "cat family" now (or will be again soon hopefully), I don't think we're ever going to have rodents again...unless they breed GIANT rats the size of bunnies! :-)

Hope your human recovered from her fright! Oh- and hope your toenail is recovering - give it a break, Nala!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane