Saturday, April 2, 2011

My 5th Birthday Pawty!!

Wowzers...look at all these goodies!!  They are all for my 5th birthday!!  Can you believe I'm 5 already...well, technically, I will be 5 next Friday, but my pawty was today. :)  Enjoy the pictures below...there are WAY too many so be prepared!
The basket is full of treat bags for my guests and the treats in front are prizes for games.  The quiche looking thing is a Shepherd's Pie but Mom kept calling it Puppy Pizza.  It has ground turkey, cheese, green and orange bell peppers, eggs, milk, and a little flour.  It served as my cake this year.

Getting jiggy at my pawty!

Observing the party crowd.


Mom gives directions for the games.

Let the games begin...first up was the Water Bowl Fill Up Relay.  Humans had to loop the leash around their wrist and fill up a cup of water using the leash hand and walk/run to a water bowl and fill it up before passing the cup off to their teammate.  Of course, not all of the water made it from the cup to the water bowl on the other side.  Can you imagine that? ;)

Katy & Marlin and Christina & Hank were up first.

Next was Ken & Brix and Julie & Ozzie.

Finally, it was Katy & Marlin against Mom & me...our team was a team of 3!

Yikes...I wanted to keep going instead of stopping at the water bowl and Ozzie and I both tried to drink from it once we were there. hehehe!  Needless to say, even though we were a team of 3 we were not victorious. That's ok though...it was good fun!

The 2nd game was the Hot Dog Dunk.  There were 4 small pieces of hot dog in the water bowl and each dog had to get them out as fast as they could.  We thought they would float but they sank which made this challenge even harder. Anna gobbled them up in 16 seconds!

Hank wasn't sure what to do and attempted to drink the water to lower the level so he could reach the hot dogs.

Marlin pawed at the water and like Hank refused to stick his muzzle under the water. :)

Then comes Ozzie...he managed to get his 4 pieces out in 1o seconds!  WOWzers!

And me...well, let's just say I was on the same team as Hank and Marlin. :)  Good job Ozzie and Anna!

Marlin proudly displays his birthday hat that Julie & Ozzie brought for us.

I gobble up my birthday pizza or pie or quiche or whatever...it was gooooood!



Last but not least are the group shots! 

What a fun afternoon....thanks to all my furiends for making my pawty great!

16 comments:

Sagira said...

Happy Birthday! Sure does look like a great party. :)

brooke said...

Happy Birthday party Nala!!! Sorry we couldn't make it out (we were delivering a Christmas present... only a few months late:) ).
Those games looked fun! I dont know if Darwin would have done very well at any of them! hehehe

Sandy Simmons said...

Hi Nala, HAPPY! HAPPY! BIRTHDAY!
Hugs, Sasha, Angel and Jessie

Amber-Mae said...

What a great Barkday you has, Nala! OOOH WOW that Puppy Pizza looked SO delicious! I should ask hoomie Melissa to make that for my 6th Barkday. I bet all the other pups loved it too.

Those are some very cool games! They all looked like a lot of fun. Hot Dog Dunk sounds fun! I am good at dunking my whole head in to retrieve food. HEE HEE

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy Nala Day!!!!!

What a great pawty!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

Have a

HAPPY

BarkDay

Nala!

Looks like you had a PAWSOME party!

woo woos, Tessa

MurphyDog said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Nala!!

wags, wiggles & slobbers
Murphydog

Molly the Airedale said...

That puppy pizza is making us drool!
What a fabulous birthday you had, Nala!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Remi said...

Aww man :( Looks like I missed out on a really fun time. Sorry i couldn't go. Mom ended up having 2 toophers pulled yesterday, so she has to take it easy all weekend. I have a package of goodies for you that mom will mail out tomorrow. Glad you had a nice pawty!

Lina, James o Lucy said...

Happy 5th Birthday!!!

You are looking fantastic, Nala... and it looks like your party was the party of the year. :D

Wishing you all the best...

Lots of stinkin' kisses from Sweden

Clive said...

Wishing you a very happy 5th Birthday!

What a great party - loved all the photos!

take care
Clive and Murray

D.K. Wall said...

Happy 5th Birthday! By the way, we understand that the canine rules are that 5th birthdays are to be celebrated every day for a week, so your party should keep on going.

Dexter said...

Nothing better than a party with your friends and lots of foodables. Woot woot!

Slobbers,
Mango

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy Nala Day!!!!!

What a fun pawty!

I'm drooling ovFUR the khake and treats!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: The painting in your previous post is pawesome too!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Nala - sorry I'm late but Belated Happy Birthday! Oh - wait - actually, is your birthday THIS coming Friday? IN which case, I'm not late! :-)

Anyway, that looks like another of your awesome parties! I wish I lived near you so that I could have come too! (Although I have to say, I wouldn't have been much good in the dunking game either...get wet? EEEEUUUUGGGHHH!) I likie Hank's strategt for lowering the water level though - ha! ha! Now there's a clever pup!

Looks like everyone had the best time! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Pippa said...

Your birthday pie/pizza looked yummy. And fancy having so many friends to come to your party and play games. How super.

Pippa