Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Feeling a little better...so far!

As you can see, I have been doing alot of sleeping the past few days. The other night I was on the couch and I was OUT...Mom kept checking to make sure I was breathing (she's soooo overprotective) because normally I at least open an eye when she walks into the room or sits down beside me. I was just really tired. :)



This is me this morning....so far, no huge breakouts!!!! WOOF! Notice my bed in the background there. BOL! I prefer Mom and Dad's bed. ;)

The past three meals I have eaten have been brown rice and a little olive oil. Mom and Dad are thinking of switching me to a different diet. I heard them talking about rice, oatmeal, and raw turkey and chicken. Don't know if they will but that's what I heard. I need to call my friend Samson as he eats raw food...maybe he can teach me about it. :) The brown rice and olive oil is actually very tasty but soon I will need some variety.

Still don't know if the problem is the food or a bite though?? I heard a story from Diana, the lady at ApacheRidge Ranch where I was born, about a Ridgeback in CA who was bitten on the lip by a spider. That poor dog had an itchy rash for 2.5 weeks and then still took a week to get back to its normal routine. YUCK! Those spiders can apparently be nasty.

Thanks to all of my friends out there for sending good thoughts my way and for calling to check on me. :) Hopefully, I can resume my normal play dates very soon!

8 comments:

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Dear Amber...you were very tired...poor baby...
but is normally that your mum is overprotective...is like ours...they just love us so much!!!!we have the same habit...we too prefer mom & dad's bed!!!
we hope you feel better as soon as possible...so you'll can eat the things that you love!!!
kisses and lots of love!!!

Simba said...

OMD!! Pooooor Nala!! Sorry I haven't seen this sooner!!

I could show you some SCARY pics of me when I got bit and had an allergic reaction! We were hiking and figure I was bit by either a spider or a stung by a bee maybe...well my face exploded in hives and looked like I had been severely beaten! HM cried her eyes out! My body had a few hives too..but mostly my face.

Emergency Vet advised to give me Benedryl, and do a cold compress to help reduce swelling. Within 2 days all hives were gone.

Hope you figure things out!!!

I'm told that mixing in pumpkin is also a good food to eat when feeling under the weather or trying to figure out what's going on with your food. I'm on a no grain, high protein diet. I don't digest wheat very well. I eat EVO.

wags,

Simba

A Room to Grow said...

I was thinking about you last night while I was watching Dancing with the Stars with my mom. I don't know why she watches that show but it's a good show to sleep to! I just have to snuggle with her so she stays warm.

-Thani

Anonymous said...

Hi Nala, I am glad you are feeling better! Keep resting. Mom has been researching new foods for me like crazy... Maybe I can have her send your mom the notes! lol

A little cottage cheese with the rice is always what I get when I don't feel so good.

Licks,
Kylie

Abby said...

Glad you are feeling better- hope your mom can figure out what is causing this soon.

Raising Addie said...

WOOOHOOO!!

You are feeling a little better! I am soooo very happy to hear that.

At least you have been able to get extra snuggle time!

My mom is a worries a lot too. She is always checking on Zoe. She sleeps a lot too and it is those super deep sleeps where she has to shake her to wake she up some times.

Take care sweetie!
Kisses
Addie

Sames Blogs said...

PAW!!! Wow, Nala, you are one flexable girl too. We would make a great rode show! Hope you feel better soon-- Max the Dude!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nala, the sleeping is probably good for you! Help your body fight off whatever it is!

There's a website that talks about raw diets - www.rawlearning.com - it's very user friendly/newbie friendly.

I don't have my dogs on a raw diet though I think it would help Lakota with her still occasional itchies. I do however give raw femur bones frequently and raw beef ribs from time to time. They love it. I don't do pork just because I don't trust it.

Get well soon!